12 Sept 2012




"Animals are such agreeable friends: they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms"
George Eliot

"My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am"
Unknown

"If all the beasts were gone, men would die from a great loneliness of spirit, for whatever happens to the beasts also happens to the man. All things are connected."
Chief Seattle of the Suwamish Tribe




I am a trained fine artist, teacher and animal lover. In my work I try to capture the spirit and character of the animal - the things that make us love them and which enhance our own lives immeasurably.

I work from photographs, using a variety of media, including acrylic and oil paint, charcoal, and graphite pencil. 

Clients can commission animal portraits from wildlife to domestic pets - dogs, cats, rabbits, horses. I am happy to work around clients' wishes - for example, painting in a background or a person.

Generally, prices range from £60 for a small (8"x12") graphite pencil drawing, to £500 for a large  (18"x24") painting on canvas or board. I have a more detailed price list here.